Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lime Chicken Nachos (crockpot recipe)

I'm a big fan of nachos - of any kind. Matter of fact, Jason and I split some amazing spicy tuna and crab nachos at our favorite sushi place on Friday night. These chicken nachos are easy, great for a busy weeknight, and a crowd pleaser. You could even use them as part of a "build your own taco bar" at your next Sunday school party. This recipe is from my friend, Glynis.
.
I made a few changes. One, I skipped the salsa. I'm not a huge salsa fan anyways and I wanted a "drier" nacho. Also, I dumped the whole bag of frozen corn in there and a can of rinsed/drained black beans. Then topped with cheese, of course. This is also tasty in a burrito, taco, or tostada!
.
Lime Chicken Nacho/Burrito/Taco/Tostada
1.5 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
1 can rinsed/drained black beans
.
Put the chicken in your crockpot. Combine lime juice and chili powder and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low, 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender (I did high for 3 hours). Shred the chicken and stir in corn, salsa, and black beans. Cover and cook on low about 30 minutes or until warmed through.
.
See - told you it was easy!

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved