Monday, June 28, 2010

Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese


This is a Giada recipe that was very tasty and quick. I made this in about 15 minutes before we needed to leave for Wicked (as quickly as you can make the pasta!). Another "I can't drive to McDonalds that fast" meals that is a good stand-by for busy nights.
 
Her recipe calls for spinach and cherry tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes (and neither does my dad, who was coming over for dinner) so I added shrimp that I seasoned with Old Bay, sliced black olives, and sliced mushrooms and eliminated the tomatoes. Asiago is a nice strong cheese so this had a lot of flavor.
 
Some of the comments online said the cheese clumped together so I added cheese to each dish individually.
Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese
1 pound fusilli pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 9-ounce bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped (I think my bag was 10 ounce... you could go even larger - spinach wilts a LOT)
8 ounce cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup grated Asiago (I used shredded)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
Bring pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until tender but firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.

Warm olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. (I sauteed the shrimp, set it aside, and then did the garlic). Add spinach and tomatoes and cook until spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes (I added the mushrooms with the spinach). Add cooked pasta and toss. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and reserved liquid and stir to combine.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved