Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oven Chicken Risotto (but with ham)


Tonight's dinner was from my friend, Laura, and it was really good! We both thought it was tasty - very rich and filling. I had some honeybaked ham slices in the freezer so I used that instead of chicken. Laura says you can use it with a variety of items depending upon the season (or what's in your freezer!) and just use the rice as a base.
.
I really love risotto but don't have the patience for it. This gave the same texture and taste without any of the work!
.
Oven Chicken Risotto
2 tbsp butter
2.5 cup chicken broth
1 cup Arborio rice (short grain)
1/2 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups chopped deli roasted chicken (or any other cooked meat)
8 oz shredded mozzarella
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (I skipped - I really don't like tomatoes)
.
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place butter in 9x13 pan and bake 5 minutes or until melted. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients.
2. Bake, covered, at 400 for 35 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, fluff rice with fork. Stir in chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and spinach.
4. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes to warm through.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved