Monday, May 16, 2011

The Very Versatile Frittata

As soon as we got back from NYC, I jumped right into a crazy work week and weekend (including an all-nighter that I'm still recovering from!). I made a grocery list days ago but still hadn't gotten to the store. So, last night I dug through the freezer to see what I could make.

A frittata is truly one of the most versatile meals you can make - and SO quick and easy. A piece of cake to throw together.

I used this dish as a guideline but completely switched out the veggie and protein. I used brown sugar ham (frozen, from Easter), chopped broccoli (frozen), and shredded Asiago cheese that I had leftover from another dish. I even found some fresh herbs to throw in! Swap out anything you have on hand and in about 15 minutes, you can have an entire pan of deliciousness ready for dinner.

Frittata
2 tablespoons butter
Box of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (I used a little less than a full box)
A few handfuls of chopped ham
1 cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
6-7 large eggs
2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat broiler. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat butter. Put the thawed broccoli in the pan and cook a few minutes. Remove from heat and throw in the ham and cheese.

In medium bowl, beat eggs with sage, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ham and broccoli mixture. Gently toss together. Return skillet to stove over medium-low heat; cook until frittata edges are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Place frittata under preheated broiler, 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove from broiler and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved