Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DIY Coasters (Not Cooking Related)

This is another Pinterest inspired project - though I suppose it could be food related, seeing that my cold beverages will soon be resting on one!

I decided to do 6 coasters. I stopped at Home Depot and picked up plain white tiles in the flooring department - they are 16 cents a piece so it was about a buck total (cheapest Home Depot trip EVER!).

Then I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up two sheets of scrapbook paper. One that would actually match our living room and one that I just love because I'm obsessed with birds.

I traced the size of the tile, plus trimmed it a little on the edges so it would adhere well to the tile. I brushed Modge Podge across the tile, pressed the paper on the tile, then brushed more Modge Podge across it again.

When I finished, some of them looked a little wrinkly

But they straightened out as they dried.

The next day, I sprayed them with clear spraypaint a few times just to ensure they were drink resistent. Once they dry, just stick felt pads to the bottom of each so they don't scratch your furniture (you can buy a whole package at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents).

Quick, cheap, and easy project for something that we needed in our living room!



No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved