Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baked Chocolate Donuts

I got a bee in my bonnet a couple of weeks ago to buy a donut pan. They are only about $10 at Amazon so I decided to go ahead and purchase one. $10 is not a big purchase but I'm trying to be really picky about what kitchen gadgets I buy, since they take up space. And a donut pan really is a 1 use item... this is the one I bought.

It came, and I got excited to try it out. In true Aimee form, I baked these donuts around 11pm at night when it was hard to get a picture. But you get the idea.

I found the recipe via Pinterest and it's from a blog I've never visited before, Mom Advice. They were super easy to whip up (2 bowls and a whisk, that's it!) and turned out perfect! These are cake donuts, not fried donuts, but they were delicious - especially hot out of the oven. I glazed a few (my pink sprinkles look pretty sad on that glaze topping!) and sprinkled others with powdered sugar, since that is Jason's favorite donut topping.

Baked = healthy, right? Thought so.

Baked Chocolate Donuts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
4 teaspoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons coffee (go with it - it adds depth but no coffee flavor)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the glaze (optional):
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, butter, or almond extract

Heat oven to 325. Coat donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, whisk milk, sugar, egg, butter, coffee, and vanilla until smooth. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; whisk until blended and smooth. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees for thirteen minutes or until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.

To make the optional glaze, blend confectioners’ sugar, hot water and extract in a small bowl. Dip doughnuts in the glaze and then dip them in sprinkles.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved