Sunday, April 15, 2012

Citrus Fajitas


I think I've tried a million different fajita marinades and rubs over the years and even though almost all of them were delicious, I can't help but continue trying out a new one each time we have it for dinner. This recipe was unlike any other I've tried because it relied solely on citrus fruits to marinade the meat so I had to put it on the menu!

Because I forgot to thaw my chicken in time, I only had time to marinade it for about 30 minutes prior to grilling. Therefore, the flavor was very subtle so I squeezed a lime over top when they finished to add a punch of citrus. I'd really recommend you marinade them a few hours to try and strengthen that citrus flavor.

The chicken was bright and flavorful and we really enjoyed it!

Note: I bought small lemons and limes so I used more than 1, depending upon how much juice I could get out of them. Just eyeball it.

Citrus Fajitas
Juice of one lemon (see note)
Juice of one lime (see note)
Juice of one orange
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons tequila
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil

Combine all ingredients up to the chicken (lemon through black pepper) in a large Ziploc bag. Add the chicken to the bag, seal and shake to combine. Allow the chicken to marinate 2 to 4 hours.

Toss the bell pepper and onions with the olive oil, set aside.

Grill the chicken breasts over medium high heat until cooked through. Add the peppers and onions for the last 5 minutes of cooking.

Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite fajita fixins'

Source: So Tasty, So Yummy

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved