Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lemon Curd Bars


A jar of Meyer lemon curd has been sitting in my pantry, calling my name, for a couple of weeks.

I bought it on clearance at Williams Sonoma. 

Truth be told, I could eat lemon curd with a spoon straight from the jar. But, I wanted to make something lemony for Jason so I scoured the internet for easy baking recipes using jarred lemon curd.

Enter this recipe.


Doesn't that look delicious? They taste delicious, too. Since I'm not usually a fan of baking, you can rest assured that any baking dish I try is super easy; even a caveman could make it.

The original recipe doesn't call for powdered sugar but I love the stuff and added it anyways. I also added lemon zest along the way just to inject more tart and lemon flavor throughout. It'd be great without it if you don't have a lemon handy.

Psst - you could also make your own lemon curd

Lemon Curd Bars
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd (my jar was more than 14oz; I used the whole thing)
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup toasted and chopped almonds (I skipped)
Lemon, for zesting

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl cream the butter. Add the flour, sugar and baking soda. Mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.               

Pat 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of one 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.

Spread the lemon curd over the baked layer. Zest half a lemon over top.

To the remaining 1/3 of crumb mixture add the coconut, almonds, and zest of other half of lemon. Sprinkle over the top of the lemon curd.               

Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake bars for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.               

Source: All Recipes

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved