Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday on Facebook, amidst the political bantering that has since prompted me to stay off my personal Facebook account a day or two, I promised cookies.


Cake batter. Chocolate chip. Cookies.

The beauty of these cookies is how darn fast they mix up, bake, and disappear once partially cooled. This is one of those recipes that is PERFECT for children to make - even wee ones with an attention span of a roach. It takes maybe 3 minutes to stir together and plop onto the sheet. They are soft with a hint of cake battery flavor in the background (sorta like the cake batter rice crispy treats I made awhile back).

They cook in 10, don't take long to cool down, and are a treat to eat.

What's also really awesome is that you can use any cake mix you want and any mix in you want. I went with a butter yellow cake mix and chocolate chips (used sparingly - I don't like a lot of chocolate in my CCCs. I know, I'm weird). You could use red velvet and white chocolate. Or german chocolate and pecans. The possibilities are endless!

Give these a try and see which cake mix is your favorite to use.

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 (18.25 oz.) box cake mix
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and the baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended.

Stir in chocolate chips and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: Stephanie Cooks

Psst! Just two more days to enter to win a 12 inch Pre-Seasoned Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet!  Don't miss out!

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved