Sunday, May 5, 2013

Avocado Feta Dip



Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I thought today was the perfect occasion to share this avocado based dip - and it's definitely not too late to add it to your menu today!

See, I had some leftover feta. Jason doesn't care much for feta, and while I adore it I didn't want to just eat a container of it all on it's own. Certainly nothing wrong with that method, if that's your thing, but I wanted to see what else I could make with it that wouldn't be so glaringly feta that he'd turn his nose up to it. Insert this dip.

I'm a dip fan. I really think everyone probably is, too, otherwise I'd be alone at the dip table at parties and there are always other people there getting in my way. Dips are special. They are pretty much party food at our house and never show up in regular life. But then sometimes a dip shows up on a regular day in our regular life and it quickly becomes an awesome day. Which is sorta what happened when I made this after work one evening.

{more awesome days may be headed our direction}

Things I love about this dip:
I love that this uses the avocado in a way other than the typical guacamole.
I love that the feta adds a salty bite but doesn't scare non-feta fans (psst - he loved this!!)
I love that I could dip veggies, pita bread/chips, or tortilla chips in this and it be okay.
I love that it whips up in 5 minutes or less.
I love that it could also be a delicious base for a sandwich or crostini.

Turn a regular day awesome and whip some up soon!


Avocado Feta Dip
2 avocados, peeled and pit removed
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bread, veggies, pita chips, etc for serving

In a food processor or blender, blend together the avocados, feta, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. 

Source: slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

8 comments :

  1. This looks fabulous. Love a good dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Dips are definitely my downfall at parties...

      Delete
  2. Yum my 2 favourite ingredients avocados and fetta - there's definitely nothing wrong with eating a whole tub of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work so well together, too! Though I certainly could eat either one straight up, on it's own.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avocado dip sounds so yummy--I need to pin this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tastes just as good as it sounds! Give it a try and let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, this sounds yummy! I bet it's a nice break from guacamole & I'm excited by the combination of avocado & feta! That's brilliant! :) I followed you from the Tasteful Tuesdays link party. I also run a Tasty Tuesdays link party on my blog & I'd love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/Tasty-Tuesdays-Link-Party-9.html

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved