Thursday, May 2, 2013

So Long, April!



Where in the world did April go? I looked up and it was May 1. Hard to believe that summer is right around the corner!

Though I don't remember much of April, we obviously ate well! Here's what I shared last month in case you missed something. Just click the picture to jump to the recipe.

Psst - don't miss "things I've pinned" from around the blogosphere at the bottom!

Spring is here, so we cranked up the grill and enjoyed some lighter meals this month. One of those tasty dishes were these Tequila Lime Chicken Club Sandwiches, topped with feta, guacamole, bacon, and roasted jalapeno mayo. I know, right? You need to try this sandwich - soon!


One of the biggest hits of the month was this ridiculously easy and sooooooo tasty Blackened Chicken and Cilantro-Lime Quinoa. This entire meal can be on your table in 30 minutes and those are really my favorite kind. Recipes like this go to show that delicious does not mean long and complicated!


Also making an appearance on our grill was this spice rubbed Barbecue Salmon. The spice rub is made of simple pantry staples but when blended together and grilled, it creates a gorgeous sweet and spicy caramelized glaze. So good!


We also grilled up some chicken for our own version of grilled chicken salads topped with this AMAZING Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing. And really? It'd be good with anything you like ranch with. Like fries. Or veggies. Or rolls. Or pizza. Or a straw. 


This Okra Pilau was my first time making a South Carolina specialty and we're big fans. The rice is loaded with okra, bacon, onion, and spices making it a colorful and delicious pot of goodness that could go with just about anything. 


Roasting vegetables is by far my favorite method - even above grilling - but I now promise to always roast them solely with coconut oil. These Lemon Rosemary Coconut Oil Roasted Veggies? Ridiculously delicious. And easy!


You know I'm always on the hunt for easy weeknight meals and this Cheesy Baked Skillet hit the spot in a BIG way. Easy ingredients, done in less than 30 minutes, and so warm and comforting. Plus it has cheese. Lots of cheese. I mean, cheese is in the title. Need I say more?


Would you like another pasta dish that is not only delicious, but done in minutes? I thought so. This Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta is done in 15 minutes. 15 minutes! Gotta love using shrimp - it cooks up so fast! 


You know the Texas girl couldn't go an entire month without enchiladas on the menu! I pulled back out a recipe from a few years ago and made these Tex Mex Cheese Enchiladas. If you're never had this Tex Mex staple, you must try them soon. It's tortillas stuffed with cheese. Translation: you'll love it. 

{true story: I snapped this picture, put the baking dish on the counter to cool before refrigerating, and completely forgot about it. In a dog free house, this would be no big deal. In my house? You don't leave things within Winston-reach. He had a really great lunch that day and shattered my gorgeous Crate and Barrel baking dish. And I had no leftover cheese enchiladas... Sad story, right?}


I love Panda Express and my go-to dish is always the SweetFire Chicken. It's super sticky sweet with a hint of heat. And it uses white meat fried chicken. Holla! Thankfully, with this recipe I don't need to hunt down a Panda Express anymore. 


Also this month, I made two sweet breakfast items - a muffin and a scone. The Snickerdoodle Muffins were a surprise hit, especially considering how easy they were! The Funfetti Chocolate Chip Scones were simple, since they rely on a cake mix base, and I was thrilled with how my first attempt at a scone turned out. Those babies went to work with me and got rave reviews. 

{what happened to the leftover snickerdoodle muffins, you might ask? This time the tupperware housing them again sat too close to Winston-reach and he enjoyed them for breakfast while we were at church. Sometimes I think my dog eats better than most people do.}



I celebrated the start of spring temps with a big pitcher of homemade Strawberry Lemonade. It was a darn good way to celebrate! 


In non-recipe related news, I shared details about a Build a Bear/Make a Bear Pajama Party for preschoolers that I hosted recently. It was a ton of fun! 


I follow a slew of food blogs (but am always looking for more if you have any recommendations!) and pin tasty things along the way! Here are just a few dishes I've pinned this month!

Copycat Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce from Half Baked Harvest
Easy Weeknight Ravioli Lasagna from Alida's Kitchen
Chili Cheese Black Bean Dip from Pinch of Yum
Triple Pork Fried Rice from A Spicy Perspective
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Doughnuts from Kitchen Confidante
Peach Cobbler Cookies from Foods for the Soul

Delicious, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved