Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Cream Cheese Bundles



We just got home from a weekend at the beach, which is why this blog was quiet all weekend long! We weren't planning any summer travel this year but when some relatives from Texas made plans to come this direction for a week, we quickly added a beach weekend to the calendar so we could see them. Such a hardship, I know :)

Though there was a full kitchen in our condo, I'm not one to cook on vacation. I love to cook, and do it just about everyday, but I love laying on the beach and eating at local restaurants more. Plus who wants to do dishes on vacation? Not this girl!

These bundles were born out of a "need" to use up a few bits here and there. A sheet of puff pastry I had already thawed, some leftover cream cheese, and some flash frozen strawberry pieces leftover from a scone recipe. Chocolate chips are a constant in my freezer so I threw them in for good measure (and because I love chocolate). These are ridiculously easy and sooooooo good. You could easily switch out the fillings, too!

I took pictures along the way because I'm a nerd. And to show you how easy they are. {but really just because I'm a nerd}

First you just roll out a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Puff pastry is uber delicious but quite dainty; you don't want it to stick to your counter or wax paper. I first cut the pastry into squares and dolloped on some cream cheese and strawberries.


Then I added just a few chocolate chips to each:


Then made little bundles, using water to help seal the edges:


Cute, right? Sorta like potstickers. Except better.

Then you just bake until browned!

Note: They are tastiest served warm... but I doubt many families would have issues with leftovers! 



Chocolate, Strawberry, and Cream Cheese Bundles
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped strawberries 
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400.

Unfold the sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out the pastry until it's a 12 inch square. Using a pizza cutter, slice the pastry into squares that are 4 inch square (should be 9 total).

Divide the cream cheese between the squares, putting a small piece in the center of each. Then add a tablespoon of strawberries and then top with about a teaspoon of chocolate chips. Smush the strawberries, cream cheese, and chocolate together a bit so they stick together. 

Working with one piece at a time, brush the edges with water and bring the corners together in the center. Twist or press well to seal. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining pieces. 

(if you have any pieces that aren't quite coming together, just fold the edge over to create a triangle)

Bake for 15 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove from sheet and let cool slightly (but still warm!) on a wire rack before serving.

Note: any combination of fillings could be used - shoot for about 2 tablespoons of filling total

Source: adapted from Pepperidge Farm

26 comments :

  1. I'll have to give these a try! They sound simple to make :)
    Sara Howe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple (and very sinful!) - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Aimee,
    I'm stopping by today from the "From Dream to Reality" link party. I think I'll take a half dozen of these in my belly right now! :)
    Hope you're having a great day,
    - Ang
    www.jugglingactmama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the other half dozen! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Aimee, This recipe looks delicious and easy. I like to use up ingredients to make something so good.

    I'm one of the co-hosts of the Foodie Friends Friday Picnic Party this week and I notice that you didn't include a link-back to the party. If I missed it I apologize. If you need a button you can pick it up on my blog WineLady Cooks.

    Thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday and hope to see you again next week.

    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Thanks for stopping by! I have buttons for the link parties all under "contact me" - totally doesn't make sense (they need to be in their own heading!) but I'm technologically challenged and haven't mastered how to change it up yet. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! (That's all I have to say!!) Drooooool...........

    Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday linky party!
    Jenny
    www.inthekitchenwithjenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look AMAZING! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday and for joining us this week! I will be sharing these on my Walking on Sunshine FB page tomorrow! Hope you join us again this week for another fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy your piece of work, appreciate it for all the good content.
    온라인경마
    경마사이트

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am confident they will be benefited from this site

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have bookmarked you hopefully you keep posting new stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part.

    ReplyDelete

  14. This is great content for your readers. Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very good and useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I appreciate your information in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for giving such useful information that is often difficult to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for sharing this beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete

  20. Fabulous, what a blog it is! This webpage provides helpful data to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved