Sunday, September 1, 2013

Creamy Avocado Linguine with Lemon & Arugula


Oh y'all.

This pasta?

AMAZING.

It's bright, fresh, creamy, and done in less than 15 minutes!

I made it one night when Jason would be home late and I didn't think he'd be eating dinner with me. You see, it has no meat. None. And none should be added. I whipped it up, stuffed my face, and thought gloriously of the leftovers I'd have for lunch the next day. And you know what happened?

He came home hungry.

I tried to discourage him from eating it. Just the fact it had no meat should have been a deterrent in itself. But alas, he was hungry enough to consider a completely vegan dinner.

Much to my chagrin, he loved it.

And that's how Aimee lost her tasty leftovers...

On the other hand, it tells you just how good this meal is.

You're 15 minutes from a glorious bowl of pasta. Just be sure and hide the leftovers!


Creamy Avocado Linguine with Lemon & Arugula
8 ounces linguine
2 ripe avocados
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
2 whole garlic cloves
generous handful arugula
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Cook linguine according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a food processor, puree the avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.

In a large bowl, toss together the pureed avocado mixture, hot pasta, and arugula until well mixed. Taste and add more salt and cracked pepper as needed. Top with lemon zest before serving. 


1 comment :

  1. I love good pasta and it never enters my mind that it may be vegan if it is a good recipe. I have started having meatless days more and more.

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved