Monday, June 2, 2014

Skillet Breakfast Potatoes



The perfect accompaniment to any breakfast dish is a big pile of skillet fried potatoes. This version is just like the kind you find at your favorite breakfast spot - and couldn't be easier!

Most breakfast restaurants here give you a choice between potatoes or grits. I can not begin to tell you how difficult this decision is! I love grits... but I also love restaurant style breakfast potatoes. Until now, I hadn't completely pulled off restaurant quality potatoes at home so I typically skipped the grits (which I know how to make!) and went with the potatoes. Now, thankfully, I know how simple they are so I can whip them up anytime!

These potatoes so simple; the key is parboiling your potatoes prior to cooking. This ensures the potatoes are tender and cooked through inside and crispy and delicious outside. I also think a cast iron skillet is the way to go!

Potatoes are the perfect vehicle for adding loads of flavor. Toss in whatever fresh herbs you have on hand along with plenty of salt and pepper. And if you're my husband, you'll pile on fresh grated cheese, too :)

Wanna kick it up a notch? Fry some bacon first, use the grease to fry your potatoes instead of oil, and add the crumbled bacon back into your potatoes before serving.


Skillet Breakfast Potatoes
4 cups red potatoes, diced
1 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the diced potatoes and boil for around 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.

In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, diced potatoes, rosemary, thyme, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper.

Saute until the potatoes are crisp and browned. Taste and add additional seasonings if desired.

1 comment :


  1. I really appreciate you sharing this wonderful content. I had a great time reading your post!
    Looking for the Best Veg Restaurant in Abu Dhabi (أفضل مطعم نباتي في أبو ظبي)? Choose Sajway as it is the best restaurant that serves delicious cuisine.

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved